At Aylesbury College, we take great care to help your son or daughter settle in happily and quickly. For many parents, or others with responsibility for young people, it will be a new experience, too. We are sure you will be delighted to see how your son or daughter develops and grows in during their time at College.
Support your son/daughter in achieving their career aspirations. Now you can support their learning in order that they may achieve their full potential, and also to share with you the log in details for their Electronic Individual Learning Plan, where you will be able to review their attendance, grades, timetable, recent reports and any behavioural notes.
All of our full-time 16-18 year-old students are enrolled onto our GREAT Ambitions Study Programme. This consists of a vocational course, English and Maths (either GCSE, Functional skills or applied English and Maths), tutorial sessions and work experience. Attendance at each element is essential for your son/daughter’s success and career progression.
To support your role in this we are able to give you access to your son/daughter’s E-ILP (electronic individual learning plan); the Progress Portal. To find out more, read our Parent and Carers New Year letter here.
How you can support your son/daughter to be successful:
- Ensure your son/daughter attends regularly, is punctual and let us know if they are going to be absent or late
- Share with us anything that may impact on their learning and enjoyment of College, so that we can provide prompt support
- Discuss with your son/daughter their progress, what they enjoy and any concerns – ask them for the name and details of their course tutor
- Let us know if your son/daughter is unhappy or has concerns
- Be aware of homework, coursework deadlines and exams and encourage your son/daughter to meet the requirements
Discuss with your son/daughter their progress, what they enjoy and any concerns – ask them for the name and details of their course tutor
Let us know if your son/daughter is unhappy or has concerns
Be aware of homework, coursework deadlines and exams and encourage your son/daughter to meet the requirements
The commitment Aylesbury College provides for your son/daughter:
- We will provide a safe, stimulating and caring environment for your son/daughter
- We will help your son/daughter to learn in an organised, supportive and challenging way, which takes note of their individual needs
- We will provide you with details of appropriate people you may wish to contact during the time your son/daughter is at College
- We will regularly update you on your son/daughter’s progress through written reports and provide opportunities to meet with course teachers
- We will ask for your views on our service.
- We will contact you if we have any concerns.
Regular attendance is linked to high achievement and being punctual will enable your son/daughter to make the most of the essential learning and social experiences that the College offers.
Habits of regular attendance and good time keeping will serve your son/daughter well as they prepare for their career and future life.
Absences and lateness are taken seriously by the College and unexplained absences or lateness will be followed-up by the course tutor.
You can help us promote good attendance and punctuality by:
- Avoid planning holidays in term-times
- Make any medical and dental appointments out of College hours
- Share with us any difficulties that may impact on attendance and punctuality
- Ensure that your son/daughter knows to contact the curriculum administrator if they are going to be late or absent
If you have any questions or would like to know more, please get in touch with the relevant Curriculum Manager, click here.