At Aylesbury College, we take great care to help your son or daughter settle in happily and quickly. For many parents, or others with responsibility for young people, it will be a new experience, too. We are sure you will be delighted to see how your son or daughter develops and grows in during their time at College.
At Aylesbury College we have a strongly embedded culture of preparing people for work. By working closely with businesses and organisations across the region we are in a position to deliver the skills that employers are looking for. Many of our students gain real work experience in one of our commercial outlets while continuing to study and train while our business contacts provide the College with additional expertise as well as work placement opportunities.
We work closely with employers through our business arm Aylesbury Enterprise, through which we run our Apprenticeship programmes and deliver bespoke training programmes for businesses.
As well as being equipped with the skills needed to start a career Aylesbury College students have the opportunity to learn a range of employability skills such as CV writing, interview skills and personal presentation. The College works with employers to help students understand industry expectations regarding uniform, punctuality, grooming and appearance.
The commitment Aylesbury College provides for your son/daughter:
- We will provide a safe, stimulating and caring environment for your son/daughter
- We will help your son/daughter to learn in an organised, supportive and challenging way, which takes note of their individual needs
- We will provide you with details of appropriate people you may wish to contact during the time your son/daughter is at College
- We will regularly update you on your son/daughter’s progress through written reports and provide opportunities to meet with course teachers
- We will ask for your views on our service.
- We will contact you if we have any concerns.
What we expect from your son/daughter:
- Attend regularly and punctually
- Respect all members of the College community
- Come prepared to all classes
- Hand in work on time
- Look after classrooms, workshops and the College environment
- Inform their curriculum administrator in advance if late or absent and give a valid reason
How you can support your son/daughter to be successful:
- Ensure your son/daughter attends regularly, is punctual and let us know if they are going to be absent or late
- Share with us anything that may impact on their learning and enjoyment of College, so that we can provide prompt support
- Discuss with your son/daughter their progress, what they enjoy and any concerns – ask them for the name and details of their course tutor
- Let us know if your son/daughter is unhappy or has concerns
- Be aware of homework, coursework deadlines and exams and encourage your son/daughter to meet the requirements
Discuss with your son/daughter their progress, what they enjoy and any concerns – ask them for the name and details of their course tutor
Let us know if your son/daughter is unhappy or has concerns
Be aware of homework, coursework deadlines and exams and encourage your son/daughter to meet the requirements
Regular attendance is linked to high achievement and being punctual will enable your son/daughter to make the most of the essential learning and social experiences that the College offers.
Habits of regular attendance and good time keeping will serve your son/daughter well as they prepare for their career and future life.
Absences and lateness are taken seriously by the College and unexplained absences or lateness will be followed-up by the course tutor.
You can help us promote good attendance and punctuality by:
- Avoid planning holidays in term-times
- Make any medical and dental appointments out of College hours
- Share with us any difficulties that may impact on attendance and punctuality
- Ensure that your son/daughter knows to contact the curriculum administrator if they are going to be late or absent